This gooey pie is an absolute winner! Its deliciously soft filling takes you back in time to when everything was home made and fresh out the oven! Plus, you only need one mixing bowl!
When I got home with the ingredients to veganise this recipe my mom was worried that it wouldn’t be as ooey and gooey, to be honest, I was worried that the pastry wouldn’t be as sumptuous - Spoiler alert, we were both worried for no reason! 😍
I always buy more pecan nuts than needed to scatter on top or make little designs 😛
Serve this delicious dessert while it's still warm with some whipped coconut cream and some coffee 😍
Vegan Pecan Pie
Rich Pie Crust
Pecan Pie Crust
- Work Coconut oil cubes into flour till crumbly
- Mix in the sugar, salt, and flax egg
- Stir in the liquids
- Form a ball and rest the dough for 30 minutes in the fridge
Pecan Pie Filling
- Whisk the flax eggs and sugar
- Stir in the melted coconut oil, flour, water, vanilla essence and chopped nuts
Assemble and Bake!
- Press the dough into a greased pie dish and add the filling
- Bake for 10 minutes at 200°C then lower the temperature to 180°C and bake for another 35 minutes 🙂
- Remove from the oven and let it sit for 10 minutes before enjoying!