This crispy, oil-free Granola recipe is simply the best! Packed full of nuts and seeds it is the perfect recipe to prepare in advance for those busy mornings when you need something quick! It is even refined sugar-free and gluten-free.
This sugar-free and oil-free homemade granola recipe is better than any granola you’ve ever tasted! It’s packed with protein and fibre filled nuts and seeds that will keep you full for ages.
Sweetened naturally with maple syrup and dried fruit this granola will satisfy your sweet-tooth without adding any refined sugar!
This organic granola recipe is absolutely delicious with some warmed Homemade Coconut Milk or Chickpea Yogurt!
Once you try this recipe you’ll never enjoy store-bought again!
Try some of my other breakfast recipes!
This post contains affiliate links that I may earn a commission on (at no extra cost to you) should you make a purchase. This helps me keep my vegan kitchen producing content 🤩 Thank you for your support ❤️
- Organic Rolled Oats
- Sunflower seeds
- Chia seeds
- Aquafaba (This replaces the oil!)
- Maple syrup
This recipe is extremely customisable! You can add any type of nuts, seeds or dried fruit.
Only add dried fruit after baking as the sugars make them burn easily.
🔪 Instructions to make the best oil-free granola
Preheat your oven to 180 C (350 F).
Mix the oats, nuts, seeds, salt and cinnamon together. Make a well in the middle.
Remember to only add dried fruit after baking your granola!
Whisk the aquafaba until it is foamy.
Keep on whisking while you slowly add in the maple syrup
Pour the aquafaba into the well in the oats mixture, and combine well.
Spread the mixture out on a baking pan in a single layer and bake for ± 20 minutes or until the granola is golden brown.
Shifting the granola after 10 minutes to avoid burning.
📖 Substitutions and other flavours
The best part about making your own granola is that you can add any flavours you love!
I love this basic recipe with a variaty of nuts and seeds, but you could add or subtract any ingredients listed above.
This crunchy granola is perfect with warmed coconut milk or chickpea yogurt.
💭 Top tips
- Combine the dry mixture and aquafaba well to ensure the dry ingredients are evenly coated. This will prevent sections from burning, and make everything crispy.
- Stir the granola while baking to avoid burning and to break up the clusters.
- If you like granola clumps you can push the mixture down with the back of a spoon or spatula before baking, and again after shifting the mixture halfway through the baking.
- Keep an eye on your granola in the last 10 minutes to make sure it doesn’t burn!
- Let your organic granola cool completely before moving it into an airtight storage container.
- If your granola loses some of it’s crispiness while in storage, just pop it back in the oven for 10 minutes!
Frequently asked questions
Granola and muesli are very similar! Granola is made with sweetener and fat then baked until golden and crispy whereas muesli is eaten raw and only contains dried fruit as the sweetener.
Both are healthy options for breakfast.
Yes! Packed full of oats, nuts, seeds and fruit, how can granola not be a good breakfast option! The protein and fibre content will keep you full all morning.
That depends on what you add to your oatmeal! Does it contain all the nuts and seeds that granola does?
When your oats and nuts are starting to turn golden-brown then you know your granola is ready. As the mixture cools it will become crispier.
Yes! Quick oats will cook faster than rolled oats, so just keep an eye on it while it bakes.
You don’t need oil in granola! Just try this recipe! But the idea behind granola is that you need some kind of binder to coat the oats before cooking. Aquafaba is a great replacement for oil!
You need the moisture to evaporate for that delicious crispy granola. If your granola is burning before it is getting crunchy, try cooking on a lower temperature for a bit longer. Remember to keep on shifting the mixture to avoid burning!
Easy! Try this oil-free recipe!
If you made my Oil-free Granola recipe leave a comment and rating below! Also, join me on Instagram @Veganise.Life and post photos with the hashtag #veganiselife!
Vegan Oil-Free Granola
- 4 Cups Oats Organic, Rolled
- 1½ Cups Raw nuts and seeds This can be any of your favourites!
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon Ground
- ½ Cup Aquafaba This replaces the oil!
- ½ Cup Maple Syrup
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (350°F)
- Mix all the dry ingredients together except the dried fruit
- Whisk the aquafaba until it is foamy. Keep on whisking while you slowly add in the maple syrup
- Pour the aquafaba over the oats mixture, and combine well.
- Spread the mixture out on a baking pan in a single layer
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden-brown, stirring midway
- If you are adding coconut flakes and dried fruit to your granola, add them in only in the last 5 minutes of baking
Did you make this recipe? Let me know!