- 1 Ripe banana fresh or frozen
- 1 Tablespoon Nut butter I use salt and sugar free peanut butter
- 10 Almonds Raw or roasted
- 1 Teaspoon Chia seeds Soaked or raw - read the tips above
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon powder
- 1 Teaspoon Cacao Nibs
Cut up the banana, chop the almonds and soak the chia seeds (optional)*.
Place the banana, almonds, nut butter, chia seeds, cinnamon and water (or vegan milk) in the blender.
Blend until silky smooth!
Pour into a glass and top with cacao nibs.
- * I have noticed my blender grinds up the seeds more easily when they are dry, so I leave them dry so that I can get all of the nutrients from them.
- Smoothies are best when they are served fresh. But if you do need to prepare it in advance I suggest storing it in the fridge or freezer.
- Depending on how powerful your blender is will affect how long this takes, but even my weak, underpowered portable blender manages to make a delicious, smooth smoothie! Sometimes you just need to be patient.
Nut butter smoothies can be made with water or your preferred plant based milk! For a nuttier taste I like using almond milk.
Add more fruit or nut butter to make your smoothie thicker or add some water or vegan milk to make it thinner.
Serving: 250ml | Calories: 418kcal | Carbohydrates: 47.5g | Protein: 11.8g | Fat: 23.8g | Saturated Fat: 5.8g | Sodium: 135mg | Potassium: 682mg | Fiber: 14.1g | Sugar: 21g | Calcium: 151mg | Iron: 4mg