You know when you are craving something so badly? You just decide on a recipe and hope that it will taste the way you imagine it will 😅 Well, this was the situation I was in a few weeks ago… Luckily, this Sweet and Sour recipe was exactly what I wanted!
I looked through a few Sweet and Sour Chicken (I wanted an authentic recipe to veganise!) recipes, and they all had so many ingredients I kinda lost interest and made the sauce with just 3 and it was perfect!
Tip! Marinate the soya chunks in the sauce so they're extra tasty and tender!
Fried tofu would also be amazing instead of soya but, to be honest, I can never get tofu to behave the way I want it 😕
Do we even get firm tofu in South Africa? Comment below!
If you don't have soya, just add more veggies!!
Enjoy!! Please let me know your thoughts of my Vegan Sweet and Sour recipe by leaving a rating and comment below! Follow along on Instagram and Tag @Veganise.Life on Instagram and hashtag it #Veganiselife
Vegan Sweet and Sour
- 75 ml Vinegar White
- 50 ml Tomato Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sugar You might want more sugar depending on your taste 😊
- 250 grams Soya chunks You can easily leave these out and just use Vegetables 😊
- 1 Red onion
- 1 Pepper
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Pineapple Keep the pineapple juice!
- 1 Tomato
- 1 teaspoon Ginger powder
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- Pinch Salt
- Mix the vinegar, tomato sauce and sugar together.
- Marinate the soya chunks in the sauce for extra flavour 😀
- Chop up your vegetables into bite sized squares
- Cut your pineapple into small pieces. Remember, keep the juice!
- Saute the onions in the coconut oil on medium heat till tender
- Add the other veggies, pineapple, pineapple juice and ginger powder. Simmer till tender
- Throw in the soya and sauce into the veggie mix
- Simmer for 5 minutes for all the flavours to combine 😛
- Add salt and more sugar to taste
- Serve on a bed of rice or cauliflower rice!
Like this post? Pin it!
Did you make this recipe? Let me know!