This butternut soup has a fair amount of ginger which makes it deliciously spicy, and the coconut milk adds creaminess like you can't believe 😍 Enjoy it hot (because we definitely need a delicious soup to warm us from the insides while it's winter!) or cold.
I'm releasing this now because we are currently experiencing a cold front - it's going to be - 1°C tonight 😨 which probably isn't considered cold for most of the world, but trust me South Africans are freezing our butts off! 😂 Our homes aren't made for winter 😅
Do you have a favourite soup? Comment below! And what do you like to eat with it?
My favourites are
Tomato (especially Mugg & Bean's)
Recently I had courgette soup which was amazing!
For added yumminess(and protein - yes, I see you you protein worrier(s)) sprinkle pumpkin seeds or roasted almonds on top of the soup before serving 😀
Enjoy!! Please let me know your thoughts of my Butternut and Coconut Soup by leaving a rating and comment below! Follow along on Instagram and Tag @Veganise.Life on Instagram and hashtag it #Veganiselife
- Hand blender
- 1 Onion Diced
- 2 Butternuts Large (about 1,5 kg 🙂)
- 1 litre Vegetable Stock
- 2 Teaspoons Cumin
- 2 Teaspoons Coriander
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger powder Or fresh ginger for the purests!
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoons Pepper Ground
- ½ can Coconut milk
- Dice the onions.
- Peel and chop your butternut into small pieces 🙂 Even when I buy pre-chopped butternut I tend to cut them smaller so they'll cook faster.
- Add all the ingredients to a large pot and bring to the boil, then lower the temperature and simmer for about 15 minutes with the lid on until the butternut is soft (maybe more depending how large you cut your butternut pieces)
- Blend the mixer till smooth. I use our stick blender which makes it sooo quick and easy!
- Stir in the coconut milk.
- Serve hot or cold with slices of sourdough bread (or other bread if you aren't lucky enough to have sourdough 😉)
Like this post? Pin it!
Did you make this recipe? Let me know!