Honestly I could be fed a Mediterranean feast every day of the week! Falafel are the hero 😍 paired with some hummus and I'm the happiest woman around! Maybe some vegan baklava too 🤔
This has been our favourite fried falafel recipe for years, but now it's even better without the oil!
Cough… You could totally roll them in some panko bread crumbs and fry them. If you wanted… just saying 😉
Best part is you can create this mixture the day before you have your greek meal - so it's perfect for the meal planners!
Just roll them into 16 falafel balls and bake them! 🤤
Baked Vegan Falafel
- 450 grams Chickpeas Cooked (tinned or home cooked)
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 Red Onion Chopped
- 2 tablespoon Tahini
- 2 teaspoon Cumin Ground
- 1 teaspoon Cardamon Ground
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Ground
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Pop all of the ingredients into your blender.
- Blend till you have the consistency you like - I like it quite smooth as it will hold its shape better than a crumbly mixture* . Think cookie dough consistency! °
- At this point you can leave the mixture in the fridge for a few hours to rest - it's not necessary😊
- Preheat your oven to 200°C
- Roll the mixture into 16 falafel balls and bake for 25 minutes** 😊
Like this post? Pin it!